With spring right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about boosting your confidence in time for the warmer weather. You might be struggling to embrace the signs of ageing on your face, or sagging skin might be getting you down. You might even be happy with your appearance but want a confidence boost in time for summer. There are a lot of cosmetic treatments out there – and at The Body Work Clinic, we provide a whole range of options to our clients – but dermal fillers continue to be one of the most popular. There are many reasons for this, but it essentially has to do with how effective dermal fillers are and how impressive the results can be when performed by a trained professional. Within minutes, dermal fillers can transform the way that you look, enhance your features and increase volume in various areas. After dermal filler treatment, you are sure to feel more confident.
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
As you age, you will likely notice that your face slowly loses volume, leaving some areas looking gaunt or undefined. This is especially apparent around the mouth, nose, cheeks and eyes. You might also naturally lack volume in some areas and wish certain features had a more defined shape. Thankfully, a lot of this can be solved using dermal fillers. The main aim of dermal fillers is to add volume back into the face, creating a plumper and fuller look. This reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, enhances your natural features, and creates a smoother appearance.
This is possible thanks to hyaluronic acid, which dermal fillers use. The body naturally produces hyaluronic acid, which can be found in every part of the body, but the amount produced reduces as you age. This can lead to dryness, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin texture and reduced firmness. Considering that hyaluronic acid only has a short lifespan, the body producing less quickly becomes noticeable. To help the body out, dermal fillers replenish the lost hyaluronic acid, helping the body to keep on top of things. This will leave you with a spring in your step and boosted confidence this spring, as you will be looking your best.
How Can Dermal Fillers Boost Your Confidence This Spring?
- By Changing a Downturned Mouth – If the corners of your mouth are naturally downturned, it can look as though you are frowning even though you are not. This could make you look sad or unhappy, even when you feel the opposite. This is largely due to a lack of definition around the lips and because the corners of the lip are in an ‘unhappy’ shape. With dermal fillers, volume can be added to the area to change this. Adding volume stops the corners from being downturned and stops it looking as though you are frowning.
- By Improving Cheek Structure – If you want to look as youthful and fresh as possible, you need to have plump cheeks. Many of us think of rosy cheeks when we think of being fresh-faced and young, and dermal fillers can help you achieve this look at any age. As you get older, it’s likely that your cheeks will lose some volume, and this can create a gaunt and drawn look. With filler, cheeks appear smoother and more structured. This is difficult to achieve with any other cosmetic treatment.
- By Creating a More Defined Jawline – A lot of people notice that their jawline starts to lose its definition as they age, but this can be prevented with the help of dermal fillers. By adding volume to the jawline, dermal filler treatment creates a more defined and shaped appearance. This reduces any sagging, smooths the skin and creates a more youthful look. A lot of people link an undefined jawline with ageing, but dermal fillers enhance things in a way that avoids this.
- By Adding Volume to Your Lips – You might have naturally thin or small lips, or you might have noticed them looking less plump as you are getting older, but dermal fillers can change this. Using dermal fillers, volume can be added to the lips to create a plumper and more luscious appearance. This is ideal if you find that your small lips make you look angry, even when you’re not, or you are envious of those with bigger lips. It’s also possible to use dermal fillers to create more defined and sculpted lips.
- By Softening Fine Lines and Wrinkles – It can be hard to feel confident when you are unhappy with the amount of fine lines and wrinkles that you have, but dermal fillers can reduce and soften these. Fine lines and wrinkles tend to appear when volume decreases, as the area becomes slightly hollow and creases become more obvious. Not only does this increase the appearance of ageing, but it can make you look tired and drained, even when you’re not. Using dermal filler, fine lines and wrinkles can be plumped, which softens them and reduces their appearance. This can be done around the mouth, eyes and nose.
One of the great things about dermal fillers is that the hyaluronic acid used lasts a long time, and it doesn’t break down as quickly as the hyaluronic acid naturally produced by the body. It’s able to provide volume whilst also providing long-term results.
Dermal Filler Treatment at The Body Work Clinic
At The Body Work Clinic, we provide a range of professional aesthetic treatments, but we can all agree that dermal filler is the ideal choice if you want to feel confident this spring. It’s an effective way of improving your appearance and boosting your face’s volume without going under the knife. To learn more about any of our cosmetic dermatology treatments, contact our experienced team of experts.