Chemical peels are cosmetic procedures in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to exfoliate and remove the top layer of damaged or aged skin. This process can help to improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sunspots, acne scars and promote the growth of new healthier skin.
Chemical peels vary in strength, with three main types:
Superficial Peels: Are mild peels that primarily target the outermost layer of the skin (epidermis) and are often used for skin brightening and mild exfoliation.
Medium Peels: These peels penetrate deeper into the skin, reaching the middle layer (dermis) and are effective for treating issues like wrinkles, pigmentation irregularities and some types of acne scars.
Deep Peels: These peels go even deeper into the dermis and are typically used for more severe skin concerns, such as deep wrinkles and significant skin damage. They require a longer recovery period and are undertaken less often than superficial and medium depth peels.
The choice of chemical peel depends on the specific skin issues you want to address and your unique skin type.
The Body Work Clinic ensures the most suitable type of peel is assessed in an in-depth consultation process to ensure the procedure is done safely and the results are based off you individual goals.
We pride ourselves in offering our patients clinically effective and safe treatment options.
Our reasons to why we have chosen Mesoestetic Chemical Peels:
1. Reputation: Mesoestetic is recognised for its high-quality chemical peels & products which are formulated with the latest innovations in dermatology.
2. Range of Options: Offers a variety of chemical peels designed to address different skin concerns, from superficial peels for mild exfoliation to deeper peels for more significant skin issues.
3. Professional Guidance: Chemical peels are administered only by trained clinicians who can provide guidance and tailor the treatment to your specific skin needs.
4. Results Orientated: Chosen for their effectiveness in improving skin texture, reducing pigmentation irregularities and treating other skin issues like acne and fine lines.
5. Research and Development: Extensive research and development has been assimilated to incorporate the latest advancements in skincare science.
6. Safety: A strong emphasis on product safety and quality ingredients backed by scientific evidence.
7. Customisation: To suit individual skin types and concerns ensuring a personalised approach to your skin care at The Body Work Clinic.
Salicylic Acid Peels – (BHA)
A range of different strength peels that use salicylic acid as the active ingredient. (BHA) Helps to reduces pore size and evens out skin tone. Indicated for oily skin with acne and/or seborrheic blemishes.
Glycolic Acid Peel – (AHA)
Utilising different strengths of glycolic acid. Known for its exfoliation properties, improves skin texture of superficial layers of the stratum corneum, stimulates cell regeneration, moisturizes the epidermis and reinforces the skin’s natural barrier function.
Lactic Acid Peel – (AHA)
Lactic Acid is the active ingredient derived from milk. Known for its gentle exfoliating properties. A moisturising peel to improve skin texture and hydrate the skin as well as addressing various skin concerns. Ideal for all skin types.
Mandelic Peel – (AHA)
Mandelic acid is derived from Almonds, known for its gentle exfoliating and skin brightening properties. Addresses various skin concerns and promotes smoother, even complexion.
Modified Jessner Peel
This peel is a combination of three highly effective ingredients (resorcinol, lactic acid and salicylic acid), that work in synergy to manage acne, prevent persistent breakouts and calm current blemishes with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Ideal for all types of acne, dry and sensitive skin.
Featuring Azelaic acid as its primary active ingredient. Naturally occurring acid found in grains like barley and wheat. The peel helps to treat all phases of acne and hyperpigmentation with its combination of ingredients.
This is a depigmenting peel specifically formulated to treat most forms of hyperpigmentation including sun damage, age spots/liver spots, post inflammatory and epidermal Melasma. A powerful peel containing three Acids to combat existing pigmentation and reducing future melanin formation.
Utilises trichloroacetic acid as its active ingredient to improve your skin’s appearance. TCA is a medium to deep peeling agent that is applied to the skin to exfoliate and rejuvenate it.
Starting from £110